Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Westminster Dog Show

There are only two things I really hate about not having cable. I don't get Bill Maher's show on HBO, and I can't watch the Westminster Dog Show on USA. Today I saw a little blurb about the dog who won Best in Show, and I didn't even realize the competition was the last two nights. I can tell you which of the seven groups virtually any dog falls into, and I'm spot-on with the pronunciation of even the weirdest dog breeds.

I long for the days of obedience training with beloved Beamer and precious Kismet. How we practiced and practiced, and what a joy it was to see the proverbial light bulb go off over their heads when they finally "got" their training and nailed it. Talk about mama pride!

Even so, I swear that behind my back Kismet used to tell Beamer, "Hey man, even if you don't do all that crap, she'll still feed us." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment