Saturday, February 21, 2009

Two TVs in Two Days

The free TV we got from one of Sam's lawn customers was way bigger than the nice Samsung we used to have in the living room, but the picture wasn't that great and the plastic housing around it would crackle and break if you breathed on it. But we had it in the living room because it was BIGGER. The littler Samsung with the awesome picture was in Caroline's room and the kids used it for Pac-Man and watching videos.

The DVD player hooked up to the bigger TV would not play DVDs after we hooked up the digital converter box. We got a huge black line in the middle and two screens. So I thought it was because the TV was older.

Tried to switch them yesterday and the housing on the big TV cracked so much that the bottom fell out of it. So the kids have a huge broken TV in Caroline's room that does not work. But hey - at least it was FREE, right?!

The Samsung was in the living room and I was pleased as punch that once again I had the nicer, more colorful picture. Hooked up the converter box and DVD player...... and still got the huge black line and split screen when trying to watch a DVD. Then I spent about 3 hours online on Friday night trying to find the reason for this with no success.

Today I was in the bathroom while the kids played Pac-Man on the Samsung. Heard a huge crash and everyone was screaming at poor Tokyo. Seems she tried to jump over the Pac-Man cord and caught one of her paws on it. It pulled the Samsung down onto the terrazzo. The only good thing was that the glass on the front of it did not break. The kids were so excited when it turned on, thinking it wasn't damaged. But from the unusal colors, I could easily see that the Samsung was a goner. About 15 seconds later, it cuts itself off. Oh, and there's no sound anymore.

So now the only TV we have in the house that works is the oldest one we have, and it's in our bedroom. Yep, I'm spoiled from always having 2 televisions. I'm guessing I should be thankful, but right now I'm just too pissed. I don't spend a whole lot of time in the back bedroom except when I'm on my way to dreamyland late at night. Mighty inconvenient. And my "selfishness" just pisses me off more.

All of this because I just wanted to watch a DVD in the living room. Grrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment