Friday, February 20, 2009

Ticky

After I watched Obama's inauguration speech, I came away feeling uplifted and optimistic about the direction of this country. Nobody said it was gonna be easy, and, because we didn't get into this fix overnight, the solution isn't going to be an overnight one. But I'm not happy about not rewarding the group of people who have met their obligations--quite a large group, we are. Nothing in the stimulus package helps me or my family. I don't expect a ticker tape parade for doing what I said I would . . . but to give the lion's share of benefits to those who made reckless, poor, or indulgent choices - may I speak candidly? That pisses me off.

As a parent of young children, I try my hardest not to reinforce bad behavior, lest it become an undesirable habit for them. Yet the leader of our country is doing exactly that, much to my chagrin. That unpleasant sound you hear in the background is my waning confidence in our new leader's abilities to steer this country and economy in a positive direction.

Hmmm, I wonder what will become of the unruly offspring our country is now creating? :(

No comments:

Post a Comment