Monday, February 2, 2009

Perils of PMS

Whoever invented PMS, I hate her. It just ruins so much and frankly, I'm tired of being her victim. Not sure how much of it is psychological prowess--I actually think I have my fair share of mental toughness. (Maybe someone else's shares, too?) But it just doesn't seem to be about that. No matter how I vow that last month will be the last, each month it creeps up on me and shows her unlovely behind, despite my taking vitamins daily and the B6 which I believe must stand for bull#%$!

Again I melted down when John Sam acted up badly this morning. Instead of being the role model I'm supposed to be, I also lost control. More reinforcing the bad instead of the good. Overcast skies, rain, traffic, and then the cold front moving in all conspired to cement my irritation. That cough I have has signed a long-term lease with what's left of my lungs because no matter what, it ain't going anywhere! Groundhog saw his shadow, and more wintry weather to come. Big surprise.

In the few spare minutes I had today at work, I realized how much I didn't get finished this weekend. Calls, thank you notes, housework, "me time." That just irritated me more. I hardly got to watch any Super Bowl commercials, even though I did watch the last 6 or 7 minutes of one of the best Super Bowls in recent memory. (A small digression: Every year Sam and I try to remember, who won last year? So, for posterity: Steelers beat the Cardinals, but oh, what a game it was. Down to the last minute we watched!! ) Feverishly, I added to my to-do list (and, hold on here.... didn't I say I wasn't gonna do those anymore?!).

Then neither of the two packages I was expecting came in the mail today. I am using the rolling pin to get the foundation out of my tube just to have enough makeup to wear to work. Also hand washing the dishes - again - after I prepaid for 3 day shipping that doesn't deliver. More acting up from both chickadees when they got home, and what to make for dinner? For the last seven nights, I had dinner planned out, but tonight, I couldn't have cared less about making or eating dinner, and truly, do I have to clean up this kitchen one more time when I didn't even make the mess?! So the kids ate late, no vegetables in sight, homework was quite the chore, and apparently the children's bedtime is more like a guideline than a rule in this house.

Oh, and then, don't forget you have to do at least 2 loads of laundry so the kids will have warm clothes because another freakin' cold snap is nigh. Can't let the clothes sit in the dryer because then they'll be all wrinkled and what's the point of washing/drying if you don't get them hung up or folded and put away? It's always a reflection on the mother, don'tcha know.

And another thing. Why is there a new episode of House on Monday at 8 pm? Isn't it supposed to be on Tuesdays? So I missed taping one of the few shows worth watching. Geez. Can't keep up with everything. More accurately, I can't keep up with anything.

Would a Blackberry help with all this? Maybe next month will be be an improvement. Hope springs eternal!

No comments:

Post a Comment