Monday, February 16, 2009

I Hate Wal-Mart

Yeah, yeah, so I know I'm not the first to reveal I'm a Wal-Mart hater. But that "American institution" has ripped me off for the last time. This is a warning to everyone: they will rip you off if you aren't careful.

Went there Saturday with the kids and got a few things, and the cashier double-charged me for Flintstones vitamins. Due to the rude customer behind me who was crowding my personal space (I thought she was trying to lift something out of my purse), I wasn't able to watch the cashier as closely as I should have. So on the way home, I reviewed the receipt and discovered the double charge. With the kids in the car, milk and eggs in the trunk, and us being more than halfway home, I called to complain and was supposed to get connected to the manager, but they just left me on hold for over 15 minutes.

Tonight I went back to get a refund, and I took in two other old receipts where I was double-charged for a single item. At first the co-manager said she looked at the videotape from Saturday, and decided that I was lying. When I told her she was ripping me off and I wanted to see the tape myself, she went away a second time and came back with a photo that plainly showed I was NOT lying. Then she had the nerve to tell me she wasn't going to fuss about it for $7.

No, she wasn't going to fuss about it after making me stand there for 35 minutes and calling me a liar.

That never happens when I shop at Target or K-mart. So from now on, guess who's getting my hard-earned money? Here's a heads-up, Wal-Mart: Word of mouth works very well when you have as big a mouth as I have.

1 comment:

  1. You need to file a police report. They stole from you.... I would do it, if they got tape then make them show it. I hate walmart too. I go in and no one speaks english. They all speaks spanish to one another. It's very frustrating.

    ReplyDelete