Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Cleaning

Cleaned up some clutter today. I heard a segment on Mix 105.1 about decluttering. (I believe it was the same fellow who was on Oprah and got famous after cleaning/decluttering the one lady's house who ended up with two 10,000 sq. ft. warehouses full of stuff she was hoarding in a 3,000 sq. ft. home. Bugs me that I can't think of his name right now.) More interesting were the emotional reasons people "hoard" or allow an area or areas to get & stay cluttered. Seems like spring and cleaning have always gone hand in hand. Repeat after me: I am not hoarding!

Tomorrow I will post a before & after pic of an area that has been in need of a declutter for a while. I know the project won't take that long to get through, and I'm thinking how I'll feel satisfied with a job well done and how it'll make me happier in a small--and kinda kooky--way, and this will motivate me to get my next project done.

When I do it this way, I discover I have more time than I think I have to get things accomplished. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment