Friday, August 8, 2008

Weekend plans

I feel tired tonight because staying up late to watch the news is finally catching up to me. Not as young as we used to be, eh? This weekend we are going to be on the move. Tomorrow we are going to Lake Como for a new kindergarteners' playdate. They are doing a tour of the school and having snacks, and we are hoping to meet some new friends that we get to know this upcoming school year. I got a school supply list faxed to me today at work (don'tcha love technology?!) and I was surprised at the quantities they were requesting. For Caroline's kindergarten class: 25 glue sticks? For John Sam's 2nd grade class: 48 pencils? I thought these were typos, so I called to clarify. Yes, those are the proper amounts. I can just picture 18-20 five year olds, all with their 25 glue sticks--quick math means 450-500 glue sticks in all. What the #@*&?? Seems the economy's budget crunch is truly touching everyone.

After that, I'm letting Daddy take the kids and going to the hair salon all by my lonesome to get my hair cut & colored. Then it's off to Wally World for the supplies, and possibly back to Target to exchange the polo shirt I bought for John Sam which was the wrong size. Somewhere in between all these little errands, the laundry beckons. My arch nemesis!

Sunday is Pancake Day, and I hope to go out for a little while by myself. I've needed some beige flats, but apparently this isn't the time of year to find that particular color at Payless Shoes, so I'm gonna check at JC Penney's. They're supposed to be having a sale that's equivalent to the tax-free holiday--we'll see what they've got.

Dang, no wonder I'm tired......

2 comments:

  1. Just an intrusion to tell you Happy Birthday before I forget it! LMAO. YOU KNOW ME! I get you a card and never send it.

    Let me know if you go shopping tomorrow maybe I'll come meet you.

    xx Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weekend plans that sounds like what I do in an "HOUR" hahhahah. A mother/wife/slaves work is never done... LMFAO...

    ReplyDelete