Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of School 2008

Here are John Samuel and Caroline Grace on the first day of school at Lake Como. He's in 2nd grade, and she's in kindergarten. Typing that makes me feel really old - ha! Traffic was minorly annoying, but it could've been worse, and drop-off went smooth as silk. I even got to take a picture of them on school grounds before I had to rush off to the office. They were so cute in their new outfits; they've always worn uniforms before, so freestyle dress is a new and welcome change. Big smiles, big backpacks, and big hopes for a great year.

More paperwork and forms came home with their slick new binders. The binders are used as communication between the school and the family. I already like that. Due to Tropical Storm Fay--that wench isn't even a hurricane--most of the area schools are closed tomorrow. We don't know if school will be open on Wednesday, either, so we get a little break after one busy day.

We're all very tickled that we get to sort of sleep in tomorrow. Our office isn't closed, but they said depending on weather reports, we might close early. I saw tonight that right around 5 pm is when it will be close to Orlando, so I think at least by about 3 pm they'll let us go home. Sure hope the bank doesn't close early, though!

Don't you agree these are some "mah-vel-ous" looking children?! I was a bit taken aback by how grown up they look. But they're not! They're still just babies! Babies, I tell you! Honest! And they always will be! {~wink~}



4 comments:

  1. Those are the cutest and sweetest kids ever!!!! They looked so adorable!!!! Glad they had a great day!!!

    Love to all!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot express how happy it makes me to see these beautiful faces!! What precious moments and thank you so much for sharing.
    They look so happy starting to school. Wonder how long this will last? Hahahahaha.
    Kisses and hugs
    Aunt Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I cannot believe how big and ADORABLE they both are. JS looks pretty much the same as he did during the summer but I have to say Ms. Priss has done some growing! Don't know how you managed to have 2 BEAUTIFUL children Ms. Fran (haha!!) but they really are something. I said something to my kids this morning about taking a picture(also our first day of school)and all I got was a "yeah, right...where is my bookbag/shoes/ID, I'm already late." So enjoy those that are thrilled to be going back. YOU ARE AWESOME KIDS!!!! Go forth and make your mom proud!!! Love, Aunt Debra

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW THEY LOOK GREAT............Love you guys, Aunt Lj

    ReplyDelete