Sunday, August 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, Colleenie Bobeenie!

"Yes'm, old friends is always best, 'less you can catch a new one that's fit to make an old one out of." -Sarah O. Jewett

I met Colleen in middle school (7th grade, I believe), and she was so pretty and friendly. As a Southern girl, I laughed at her Boston accent, but she was a good sport and we became fast friends. We cheered together, learned to drive together, partied together, threw up together (sorry, had to put that!). No doubt we've had the best of times--SuperFreaks Forever! We've had a spat or two, but then again, the best of friends know that arguing or disagreeing doesn't change the friendship.

She may not realize it, but she's one of the people I admire most. In addition to being a wonderful person, she's a wife and the mom of four beautiful boys, and has often helped me with my own kids. Her crafty and sewing abilities are top notch, and some of the Christmas ornaments I treasure most are handmade gifts from her. At my wedding, she stood by me, and I've always known she's one of the girlfriends I can count on in this world--no matter what. Countless times she's dried my tears and offered invaluable advice. Having a living example of what true friendship is all about is one of my greatest blessings. Lucky me.

Happy Birthday to my old friend--may your day be full of fun and happy things. Love you!!

2 comments:

  1. You know you are really one of the few people who can really touch my heart and make shed a tear. What a kind and thoughtful blog about me. Thank you. Sometimes we need people to recognize us and you made my day saying all those nice things about me. Now I know my day is going to be a good one. I love you like family Fran!
    smooches!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Birthday to Collen from Lj and family....

    ReplyDelete