Monday, October 5, 2009

Bedtime Prayers

We've been saying the same bedtime prayers since the kids could recite them. I didn't like the "if I should die..." part when they were small, so I changed it a little.

John Sam and Caroline's Bedtime Prayers

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
Guide me safely through the night,
And wake me with the morning light.

God bless Mommy & Daddy & Bubba/Sissy and Me.

In Jesus' name, Amen.

Because both of them are their own little people, they change it up some, too. John Sam pronounces the word soul as "sol" (Spanish word for "sun"), and before the last part, he adds, "and Beamer and Kismet and Cole-Cole and Chubby. And I love mom & dad and I love all the family." Caroline's ending is, "and Tokyo and Kismet. And give us Lord, in Jesus' name, Amen."

Makes me smile just typing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment