Friday, January 30, 2009

Upping the post count 1/30/09

Nothing specific to say today, really, just wanting to try to up the post count for January. Another lousy day at work marked down in the record books. Anyway, the morning rain wasn't so bad, and it looked deceptively warm when the sun came out. Brrrr! Again! Our flannels are all clean and ready for wearing.

If I could only choose one movie to see in the thea-tah, it would be "Frost/Nixon." Caught Frank Langella on CBS' Sunday Morning. He's very forthcoming about a lot of his life. I liked that.

A few movies I'd like to see in the theater, but will probably have to wait until they get to DVD:

1) Gran Torino - Clint Eastwood's still got it, even in the trailers on TV. Yes, ma'am!
2) Last Chance Harvey
3) Doubt - LOVE it when Philip Seymour Hoffman says, "Where is your compassion?" and Meryl Streep says with a sneer, "Nowhere you can get at it."
4) Revolutionary Road

Movies I most likely won't see:

1) Bride Wars
2) New in Town - Renee Zellweger bugs me. Her hair usually looks great in the films she makes; yet on every awards show I see her on, she's got a strapless dress, manly arms, and hair pulled as tight as a face lift. Very unflattering.
3) Taken - for the same reason I can't watch the TV show Criminal Minds anymore.
4) Curious Case of Ben Button - 'cause Brad Pitt bugs me now, too.

Speaking of curious--on one of the local TV stations today, they showed a big feature on body language, and tonight on 20/20, they also did a story on the brain chemistry involved with body language and being in or out of love. Very interesting to me. Goes into the notebook to remind me to get more scoop on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment