Friday, January 16, 2009

Sing a Song!

I'm not 100% sure if this little video clip will work if I put it here, since I've never posted one yet. Here goes:


I hope Caroline will forgive me some day for showing this. You can even hear me laughing a little in the background because it was so much fun watching them enjoy listening to their song lists. Plus those little gadgets are so tiny and cute.

I've always been a music lover--I believe I get that from my Dad. He really enjoyed all kinds of music. Listening to old songs and favorite songs is a pastime of mine. Songs make me think of certain people and events; some are a commentary about my life situation that seems relevant now or recently; and others speak to me about stops along my life journey. While I was burning songs for the kids, I also tried to get all the songs that I consider to be on my "Songs of Life" CD, a/k/a Fran's Top Ten Songs Ever (except now I'm thinking of one I left off).

1) Rock You Like a Hurricane (Scorpions). 2) Hungry Heart (Bruce Springsteen). 3) Goodbye, Alice in Wonderland (Jewel). 4) Born to Be Wild (Steppenwolf). 5) Call it Love (Poco). 6) Sister Golden Hair (America). 7) Against the Wind (Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band). 8) Wonderful Tonight (Eric Clapton). 9) Something in the Way She Moves (James Taylor).

The one I didn't get yet: Long Cool Woman (in a Black Dress) (the Hollies). Now I'm thinking I should have country & western version of the list also.

Here are some lyrics from other songs that I've loved.

"And I remember what she said to me, how she swore that it never would end. I remember how she held me - oh so tight - wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." (Against the Wind, Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band)

"Every time I see your sister, Lord, she's with somebody new. She's mean and she's evil, like a little ole boweevil, think I'll try my luck with you." (Little Sister, version sung by Dwight Yoakum, but I think this might be an Elvis song?)

"I've been everywhere, man." (I've Been Everywhere, Johnny Cash).

"Sometimes I find it's easy to be myself. Sometimes I find it's better to be somebody else." (So Much to Say, Dave Mathews Band)

"There's a light at the end of this tunnel, you shout--cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out--and these mistakes you make, you'll just make them again, if you only try turning around." (Breathe, Anna Nalick)

"I might steal your diamonds, but I'll bring ya back some gold." (I'm No Angel, Greg Allman)

"Your mama don't dance, and your daddy don't rock-n-roll." (Your Mama Don't Dance, Loggins & Messina)

Other funny song notes:

  • I loved the video of the Poco song because it showed a girl in a black dress with white polka dots jamming out when she thinks nobody is watching, but a group of cute cowboys is having a great time watching her. The dress was so cute, and just because of that video I bought a black dress with white dots.
  • I'm convinced I've got a great song or two in me. I need to get them down in the notebook.

Try burning a CD of your "Songs of Life" - do you know which ones are on it?

1 comment:

  1. I think Caroline should start now working on her song choice for American Idol AND Dancing with the STars! She obviously has inherited the Daniels talent and we cannot let that go to waste. Way to sing your heart out Caroline!! Love Aunt Debra

    ReplyDelete