Thursday, January 22, 2009

Looking within

Today had a rocky beginning. Ice on the windshield, hose frozen solid, heater in the old Yukon still doesn't work. Got to work late, and a tiny bit of unintentional misinformation passed from one to another, and it sure didn't take long for me to get into a snit. *sigh* Why do I always freak out and ask questions later? Why can't I be one of those placid, patient, unflappable people? When I was a kid, I always figured that was a "grownup thing." Little did I know that how I was when I was young was how I was gonna be when I'm old, er, middle aged. Welcome to semi-maturity.

I've found the times I most need a friend is when I'm feeling on some level that I'm not all that deserving of a friend. After letting me vent, my amiga W. reminded me, "That's not good for you, and you have to let that go." Instead of avoiding me when I'm a downer (like a lot of people would), she made the time to make a truthful statement and help me remember not to give other people the power to take away my peace. I did give a voice to my emotions. I pinpointed what made me upset, and I acknowledged it. After that, my day improved immensely. Another thing I considered with a clearer head: the life lessons that you keep getting are the ones you still haven't learned. Ah, there it is.

Here's a card I made for W. last month. She loves yellow and (IMHO) the card turned out lovely.
























Since it says "Happy" on the front, here's something else that I hope will make me happy once I finish reading the instruction book. And it could take a while ;-)















Concentrating on what brings happiness is the secret to more happiness. Getting a handle on changing some of my thought patterns and reactions isn't pretty, but in the end, it's going to help me. I feel like the stuff that happened on this Thursday was worth it.

P.S. I liked this week's CSI much better than last week. I thought the last episode with "Grissom" was great until the end of the episode. Don't like Sara, I always wanted Griss with Lady Heather. I like Lawrence Fishburn's character a lot. Reminds me of someone, ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment