Thursday, July 31, 2008

Notes on our daily commute

There are a few surprising positive elements of our daily commute. It's summertime, and because of the daily heat index, a lot of people walk their dogs early in the morning. The kids have seen so many different kinds of dogs! Today we saw an Irish Wolfhound--the biggest dog there is. The one we saw was about the size of a Shetland pony. We see a few Jack Russell Terriers (remember "Eddie" from Frasier? His real name was Moose), all three colors of Labrador retrievers, and a particularly pretty Cocker Spaniel that we've nicknamed Polly - as in, "Polly-in-Peril" from the movie Underdog. It's nice to be out early enough to see our friends of the canine persuasion.

After I drop the kids at their daycare, I have a few minutes to toodle quietly to my job, and if the planets are aligned just right, I have about 5 minutes to quickly browse through the newspaper before being the first one at the office. Just those few minutes have gotten to be one of my favorite things.

I've made a point to notice some of the beauty of the City Beautiful. There are colorful flowers and plants all along the route. I was going to do a layout for my Masters entry entitled "Colorful Commute." I'd taken some of the photos below to use for it.





1 comment:

  1. Those are some really pretty flowers and nothing like a little quite time before a long day at work... :0) I love her, Lj

    ReplyDelete