Saturday, July 12, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

As far as increasing the numbers of my blog posts, I'm slacking hard. But - I've been very busy in the good way! I can happily say I've got a J-O-B!

-- * -- gasp!! -- * --

I report to work for my first day on July 21. The law firm is a small one, 5 attorneys with supporting paralegals/staff. The office is an old two-story house which has been converted. The administrator tells me they are reaching maximum capacity and looking for a larger space. I've got parking, a lunch hour, and sweet benefits, not to mention that the firm is literally down the street (about 4 blocks) from my last job. I send a semi-fond farewell to my 60 mile per day commute--may it rest in peace. ;=D I'm excited to have an opportunity to prove that becoming a mother makes me a better employee. When I was younger and single, if the truth be known, I took good jobs for granted. I won't make that mistake again.

Yesterday I registered the kids at their new elementary school. I was happily impressed with the lady who assisted me with all the paperwork and questions. Everything is in order so far (pending a few items), and while we're still not exactly sure if the kids will go there or another nearby school, we'll finalize everything next week. For the four weeks before school starts, the kids will go to Caroline's old school. John Sam needs practice playing with other kids his age, and Caroline will be able to see some of her old friends that she's missed while we've enjoyed summer vacation.

If you know me well, you know I really don't like changes. I've never been one to "wing it." I like to make a plan, ponder my plan, and then do everything pretty much in accordance with the plan. A lot of changes are going to be coming my way, but this time around, I'm gonna let the benefits of hindsight guide me. Instead of letting my anxiety magnify the stresses that changes will bring, I'm going to look for a better way to do things. If it didn't work in the past, it's history.

I feel like I've been given a fresh start, a clean slate, a brand new sketch pad with nothing but crisp, white pages. I'm the most thankful for that.

1 comment:

  1. We are so happy for you!~!~ I think this is just what you need to make not only some changes but a FRESH NEW START... I am so looking forward to good things for you and the kids. I hope that they will enjoy the new school...So a big YAYAYYAYA for B.B.S. I am so very happy for you... I love them, Lj

    ReplyDelete