Friday, November 6, 2009

Shooting in Downtown Orlando

We are all safe now, but it's been a tough and sad afternoon. The shooting occurred less than a mile from our office. As a matter of fact, I used to work in that building. On my way home for lunch, I passed at least 10 law enforcement vehicles, plus another SUV hauling the Mounties (police on horses). I knew something very bad was happening, but I didn't find out what it was until I got back to the office.

After yesterday's events at Ft. Hood, everyone was very scared that today's shooting was somehow related. It doesn't appear that there is any connection.

I'm grateful this is over. My thoughts and prayers are with those who were wounded and their families, and the families of those who were killed. I have a lot of admiration for the police, sheriffs, federal employees, and emergency EMTs who collaborated and navigated this escapade without a hitch.

I look forward to learning why this happened. Here is a link in case you'd like to read more.

MORE DETAILS: <http://www.clickorlando.com/tu/5L5CLbhNT.html>

1 comment: