Wednesday, December 23, 2009

On the Eve of Christmas Eve

ALERT:  This post was authentically typed on Wednesday, Dec. 23, 2009.  It is not backdated, nor has the posting time been altered by this blog's author.  heeeeeeeee!

Stayed up last night until 1:10 a.m. getting started on the wrapping.  I had about 12 left to wrap.  Apparently, my propensity for self-punishment has peaked...........because today I went and bought MORE to wrap.  All righty then.  Earlier in the evening I made meatloaf so we'll have something to eat in the next few days that isn't turkey flavored, turkey colored, or shaped like a turkey.

Even though I almost overslept, I cleaned up the kitchen and started the dishwasher before I came to work. I wore my festive Christmas tree earrings and I can already feel my earlobes swelling due to the extremely cheap (and probably poisonous) faux metal used to make the hoop part.  I've gotten lots of compliments on them, though!

Tonight the kids and I will go on our traditional "Christmas Lights" outing.  We make usually hot chocolate to take with us, but since it's warming up today, we might get a frosty instead. 

Looking forward to having a four day weekend.  At our Christmas luncheon last week, the bosses gave us Christmas Eve off!!  What an unexpected surprise.  I think I will sleep in and then hoping to make sugar cookies with the kids and force them into their new Christmas clothes and stand in front of the tree so I can take some MORE pictures of them pouting.  Hope Santy Claus makes a note of that (LOL).

Enjoy the next few days; it's going to be over before we know it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment