Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Zen for Tuesday

"In my own experience, the period of greatest gain in knowledge and experience is the most difficult period in one's life. Through a difficult period, you can learn, you can develop inner strength, determination, and courage to face the problem." (the Dalai Lama)

"For certain things are not refused us, but their granting is delayed to a fitting time." (St. Augustine)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

While I'm not going to be giving away all material things and shaving my head anytime soon, I found a lot of value in these quotes. Appreciating the tough times is hard for everyone, I'm sure, not just for me. I'm reminded that there is a purpose for all my experiences, and being aware of that is timely and appropriate. I'll focus on that today.

2 comments:

  1. If you shave your head, please save the hair for Skye Nina since she loves to cut her hair.. LOL LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - 5 beautiful kids in 1 picture - you did a great job on that Fran - you gave that to Aunt Dorsey? I bet it made her very happy! Great job you artistic thing you - and forgive me but did acrylic frames go out of style?? Sox

    ReplyDelete