His idea of being a year older means a larger quantity of candy and, of course, money!! Here's the birthday schedule we ended up with.
1. Before school: getting a one pound bag of mini Starburst.
2. After school: hanging with "AC" and Christina.
3. After work: opening cards & presents: a light box and tracing paper for his drawing obsession, and cold hard cash. Birthday love from Zing.
4. From 5-9 pm: going to the fall festival with carnival rides and loud music, and every candy, baked good, soda, and fast food imaginable.
5. On the way to dad's after the festival: talking to Granny & Aunt Laura & family, then getting additional Nintendo time because it's his birthday.
He was so excited about the festival, he let me take a couple of pictures.
Happy Birthday to my main man. Love you!