Tuesday, September 1, 2009

There's a first time for everything

Oh.
My.

Today at lunchtime, I ran out of gas. As in, the car wouldn't accelerate with the gas pedal pushed all the way down because there weren't even any gasoline vapors to squeak by on. Once I coasted to a stop - at I-4 and the East/West Expressway (now known as the "408") , I looked in the owner's manual to figure out how turn on the hazard lights. Not only would the car not even turn over, I discovered the A.C. doesn't blow cold unless the car is running.

Sam wasn't working when I called, so he came out to bring me some gas. Crisis averted but not without the standard lecture!

In all my years, I've often wondered how people can run out of gas. Some things you're better off not knowing, haha.

From now on, I am TOTALLY ignoring the Florida Agriculture Commissioner's warning not to top off my gas tank. So there!

No comments:

Post a Comment