Wednesday, September 9, 2009

09-09-09

The date is cool today: ninth day of the ninth month in the year oh-nine. The numbers nerd in me strikes again! Therefore, I wanted to make some historical notes on this most remarkable day. I'm using some prompts from a website called The Simple Woman (link is below).

For Today, September 9, 2009

Outside my window...
it's nighttime and I can't see much except a few stars.

I am thinking...
about health care, gas prices, crazy property values, taxes.

I am thankful for...
the constant, steady things in my life. With a lot of changes floating around me, it is a godsend to me to remember I have a few things I know I can count on. :)

From the kitchen...
I hear Sam (a/k/a The Midnight Chef) puttering around the kitchen and at the stove. Must be getting helping #2 of red beans & rice with sweet peas and sausage with cornbread.

I am wearing...
My old black shorts (w/ pockets, of course) and my maroon T-shirt that's Hall-of-Fame worthy. Plus my white W.T.'s!

I am creating...
an organized, non-cluttered environment at Scrapbook Center. When I have everything in its place and a clean spot, I'm able to really let go and scrap, because I know the rest of it is handled.

I am going...
to bed as soon as I finish typing this.

I am reading...
only the spines of the books in the large stack that keeps increasing and is otherwise known as "books I'm reading next."

I am hoping...
that the new routine at work is getting comfortable. Everything seems to be relaxing a little and we are all daring to take a breath or two.

I am hearing...
So & so on AM talk radio hacking on President Obama's speech this evening. Sam is listening, really, and to me it's just droning on. I'm still processing The Speech.

Around the house...
it's a darn mess. I've been organizing a ton of paperwork, but when I'm done, I place it neatly in its file inside the heavy duty file box and it is completely current. BUT it looks like I did nothing as far as housework. I need to deep clean, but first I need motivation for that task.

One of my favorite things...
is being home with the kids at night without drama. They've been getting their homework done at extended day, so all I need to do is check and return for correction if necessary. We've been doing nightly reading, plus keeping a chart of activities that need doing, then watching a little something to wind down, and bedtime.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Tomorrow I'm going to call the gal at Rollins who helped me with my night class schedule and admissions. I might be having lunch with an old work friend, too. Friday will be work, pizza night, possible game night and Bill Moyers Journal. I hope to get a Saturday morning ritual with the kids going where we go to the library, get some books, and then walk around Lake Eola before lunchtime heat. Both kids need some books that are a little more challenging, and my wallet tells me that I can no longer buy every book I plan to add to the aforementioned reading stack!

Like this post? Click here to learn more about Daybooks

PS - Happy B'day Hugs to my friend Joy -

No comments:

Post a Comment