Saturday, September 5, 2009

Quote Collector

I hit the mother lode of quotes I've saved over the years. Apparently one of the boxes I've carried around from house to house contained a folder and a couple of blank journals that I used to write down quotes and save them. I got lazier towards the end, I suppose, since I started copying the quote on a copier instead of writing it longhand. There was so much I've saved that was trash, but some of it was worth keeping!

There were gobs and gobs of paper scraps with snippets I loved (the reason I saved them, of course). It's going to be fun finding a way to incorporate them into my blogging.

This is one quote I found especially inspirational:

"For certain things are not refused to us, but their granting is delayed to a fitting time." - St. Augustine

Got a lot accomplished today. Did a couple of laundry loads and washed some dishes. Even did some sweeping (Cinder-ella!!!!) Filled three boxes of papers that can be thrown away, and got done with almost all of the filing of household bills. Whoever said the numbers don't lie was correct, yet it's comforting to know where I am and where I'm going. Even if the numbers are way lower than I think they should be (snort!) .

I just realized everyone here is sleeping except me! ;-) Tomorrow is Pancake Day and I'm looking forward to being lazy and reading a big stack of newspapers. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment