Thursday, April 16, 2009

Star Trek and CSI

I don't like admitting this, but I really haven't missed Grissom all that much on Thursday's version of CSI. I've been liking Laurence Fishburne's character Dr. Langston more and more, and Capt. Brass is the one I always wait to hear from--he gets a good zinger in every show. Tonight's episode reminded me of the delish blend of science and comedy that made CSI one of my few "must-see" shows. And itwas a great takeoff on another of my favorite shows, too.

Only family and a few longtime friends know I am a closet Trekkie, a fan of the original Star Trek. I used to watch it in the afternoons when I got home from school. I've seen most of the episodes at least twice or more. William Shatner was awesome in Boston Legal, but I find it hysterical to watch him on old episodes of Star Trek. The makeup, the campy acting, cardboard scenery and ridiculously silly plots. Still, who are we kidding? I wanted a red Star Trek shirt and an earpiece like Uhura's. I used a metal Sucrets tin as a makeshift "communicator." I wanted a job on the USS Enterprise!! :D You know you have your own secret favorite episode . . . which one is it?

I really enjoyed my evening tonight. Tomorrow is Friday and we're still working on the trial prep. I'm looking forward to pizza night, and instead of "game night" we are going to take the dog for a walk. We took her last night and the kids made me promise we'd take her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment