Thursday, November 27, 2008

Vintage and Thankful

A girlfriend of mine blogged recently about her love for vintage postcards and the historical element they revealed. Since today is my wedding anniversary, I thought I'd scan a postcard that I found in an antique shop in St. Augustine where Sam and I honeymooned nine years ago. It says, "This is a hand coloured real photograph" and even though the back of it was not addressed to anyone, I told the lady in the shop that I had to have it because I thought it wasn't an accident that I found it. It also says "British Manufacture" and "Rotary Photo, West Drayton, Middlesex." The embossing on the edges is just exquisite; I hope the scan does it justice! (Don't forget, you can click on the image and see it full size.)


Also posting a photograph of my two little chickadees, who, unfortunately are getting way past the "little" stage. I love being able to share my life with living, breathing examples of all I'm thankful for. Damn, I am lucky! Happy Thanksgiving 2008, and may you also recognize and cherish the multiple blesssings you enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Wow it's been nine years. Eek time flies.

    Hope you have a nice day.
    xx Val

    ReplyDelete