Wednesday, April 16, 2008

High School Nicknames

In case anyone was wondering about how I chose the name for the blog, it's one of my nicknames from high school. My friend Ann was "Annabelle" and so that made me "Franabelle." When I started thinking about blogging, I asked family & friends if they had blogs and what the names were. Responses ranged from "What's a blog?" to "You should use Franabelle.com!" I didn't want to use only my name, and I wanted something kinda catchy, of course. Plus--I was thinking the name probably wouldn't be in use already, hehe. Somewhat boring backstory, I suppose.

While I don't use that nickname anymore, some of my, uh, older friends from back in the day still call me that! ;-D I have a few other nicknames: Narf, Frannie, even Frannie Goonie. In my junior year of high school, our homecoming theme was Urban Cowboy. The night before the game was a pep rally we called Thunder and we did a takeoff of the show "Hee-Haw." Here's a picture of me with my friend Annabelle at Thunder in 1980. Flannel--still a classic.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! Look at us! I don't think I've ever seen this picture.
    Yes, Franabelle & Annabelle lookin' their country best!
    "Brothers" forever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Ya'll look so cute....memories....
    Fran(Narf), I love the blog, it's great. You have always been so creative. Love ya!
    Suz

    ReplyDelete