Thursday, February 18, 2010

Minutiae Musings Vol. 3

Spelling AND vocabulary lesson today.  "Minutia" means a minor detail.  It looked incorrect to me, so I Googled "minutia" to verify spelling and usage.  Turns out the version with the "e" is plural, which means (thank heaven) I've been using it correctly.  Now that I'm on the third installment of said musings -

Saw a funny placard hanging from a real estate sign.  It said Happy Seller.  I didn't realize the homeowners' disposition could also be a big selling point.  LMAO!

Lately I've been watching John Sam play the Nintendo Wii.  I've discovered that one of the races I like watching is called Rainbow Road.  It really is almost as fun as playing when you're watching someone with John Sam's playing abilities. He is an expert! He told me he can show me the easy races so I can learn my way around in case I want to start playing it too.

Caroline started a bean sprout at school, and she put it in the side pocket of her backback to bring home.  The little leaves didn't stand a chance, but the roots were still in good shape.  It was dry, too, so I added some water to perk it up.  Caroline saw me watering it and how it looked.  She said, "You can't just tape that back together."  I told her we could still probably save it.  She doesn't think so, but we'll give it a try.  We won't be needing any tape, though.

Tomorrow is the Valentine's Dance. Not sure if I'll take the camera, last year I just used the cell phone camera.  The kids are getting pretty vocal about the quantity of photos they have to pose for.  Might just have to get some candids.  It'll be interesting to see what dress/outfit Miss Thang tries to come up with.  John Sam just wants to wear his red shirt and he'll be good to go.  Seems like when it comes to clothes, it's easier to be a boy.  Pardon me, a young man.

I am now going to bed, not just saying I'm going to bed so I can spend an hour on the way there tidying up the minutiae of this house.  ;-)

Hope we will all have a wonderful Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment