Saturday, June 6, 2009

Good Luck to Leslie!

"My best friend is the man who'll get me a book I ain't read." - Abraham Lincoln

I had coffee with an old friend, Leslie. I could've spent all day talking with her and catching up, and was a bit annoyed the time went by so quickly. She and I met at a law office a few years ago (we won't mention how many, ha!) and were fast friends. Today, she bought me a book I haven't read, and I'm looking forward to making time to read it. :)

Not only do Leslie and I think alike, we have a lot in common and have walked many of the same paths. She's taking the first few steps of a new adventure right now, and I wish her and hers a lot of love & light. I want to tell her that I'm secretly envious of her bravery and moxie!! I'm thankful for her friendship and encouragement. She is so genuine, and that's rare in a friend these days. When I am with her, I can be just who I am and that's okay with her. I think she's the same with me. It's a comfort to know I've got a friend like that.

This picture of us is such a good one: two hot, smart chicks who still have the means and wits to make our dreams a reality. We are proof positive that you can never be too smart and that girl power is alive and well. Best wishes to ya and don't forget to keep in touch! HUGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment