Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Detours

There's a saying about a person who's able to enjoy the scenery on an unexpected detour. I guess I can't remember the saying because it doesn't mean me.

Not a big detour fan. I like to plan, do, and plan the next step.

I'm curious as to why I interpret some detours as negative and others as positive. I'm trying to view things "as is," rather than good/bad, and have been striving to be self aware enough to view things more neutrally. I'm unhappy with my lack of progress at times, and it's irritating to me that it takes so much work. Being objective (rational?) isn't in my nature, and it's a challenge I struggle with a lot.

Maybe spending time on the scenery would help. Engage the other side of my brain, perhaps, and let the smarty-pants half have a rest. *snort*

No comments:

Post a Comment