Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Sick of being sick

Well, John Sam was sick and got over it in only 2 days...... crossing our fingers that Caroline doesn't come down with it full-blown, but I'm afraid it's too late for that since I heard her coughing all last night. Today was my day to be sick. The morning started out all right, but after lunch, chills and sweating, nose running, coughing my lungs up. A few times I coughed so hard I gagged. Blech. Burning eyes, sweater on, sweater off. Hooooo-boy~

The tradition of my being sick at Christmas hasn't missed a year since John Sam was three and attended Kaley School (2003). Last year, I was sporting a robust case of pneumonia and stayed up on Christmas Eve till about 1:30 a.m. wrapping presents and stuffing stockings. (I guess technically that woulda been Christmas morning, but I digress.) I was so hoping to lay that tradition to rest. You know, since nobody has anything to do around the holidays, right?!

Airborne? Don't waste your money unless you just like drinking fizzy vitamin C. Tastes okay but doesn't work on industrial strength colds.

Maybe a stout 7 and 7 will kick it. I think I'll go try that since the kids are now in bed. Don't really have anything to lose except germs. ;-0

Here's hoping that if I'm sick the rest of this week, I'll be on the mend for next week. Fingers crossed.

A special "Feliz Cumpleanos, Amiga" to Waleska. Many happy returns to you~~~

1 comment:

  1. {{hugs}} hope everyone feels better for Santa!

    We've all had it here last week. Thankfully we didn't get the cough.

    xx Val

    Have a Merry Christmas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete