Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Keep that sense of humor.... it's critical!

The kids say the funniest things when they're not even trying. It's the unexpected answers to unending maternal questions that make a mother laugh out loud.

Today we took a field trip to Michaels. John Sam wanted to buy markers with the money he had saved, and Caroline wanted to buy Chiclets. I wanted Caroline to get a coloring book instead (since she filled up her Hello Kitty one) so she'd have something to do while I watched Young & Restless (otherwise called the "show-show").

Caroline: I want Chiclets.
Mommy: You should get a coloring book. Hello Kitty one is full.
Caroline: But I want Chiclets.
Mommy: It will rain later, and then what will you do while my show-show is on?
Caroline: Chew gum.

On the way home from Michael's, I reminded John Sam about the Nintendo rules and that it would rain later in the day.

John Sam: I behaved in Michael's, so can I have Nintendo when we get home?
Mommy: Yes, you did behave.
John Sam: Can I play Super Mario World?
Mommy: Not that one.
John Sam: How many minutes?
Mommy: We'll start with 20. What will you do when the time is up?
John Sam: Turn it off?

Just typing that makes me laugh. :)

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny...I so much enjoyed our trip on Tuesday. We are going to have to do that at least every 6 weeks tee hee :) John Sam and Caroline were so funny and I enjoy their sense of humor..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because every mom knows sometimes you have to laugh to keep from crying. Love yall, Debra

    ReplyDelete