Monday, April 12, 2010

Panoramic scanning

I've had my HP scanner and fax "all-in-one" printer for at least six years.  It stopped working more than a year ago, though, I think because of a driver update I never installed.  I could manually scan stuff, but it was a real PITA. The last straw was when it started taking itself offline.  Every time I tried to print, I had to turn it off and turn it on, with a lot of other annoying steps in between.  I went online and got the drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled.  Woohoo!

Now that it's fixed, I've started messing with the HP software that I couldn't access before.  It has a panoramic photo thingy (let me know if I get too technical). I thought I remembered one of my scrap friends saying that panoramic was similar to stitching, where the computer merges two halves of a oversize photo or in my case, layout.  :)

I scanned both halves of the Outtakes layout and put it together.  It looks very good except for some shadowing and that it has two of the letter "i" in the title word Otherwise and there's a little spot at the top where the edge doesn't line up just right.  I'm thinking it still looks better than my photo of the page.  I'm surprised I've never tried doing that before--it was really easy.

See if you can tell the difference between this version and yesterday's:


In other news, John Sam got one B and four As on his report card. Caroline got A's on hers, too.  I'm glad they did well this grading period in spite of all the time they were forced to waste on FCAT testing.  Which reminds me - I hope Charlie Crist will VETO the bill regarding teachers and merit pay. 

Sleep tight this Monday night~

No comments:

Post a Comment