Friday, April 9, 2010

John Sam and Socks


While wandering in Target, I came upon the girly bath soap aisle. There were some socks hanging by the foot products, and they looked fluffy so I thought I’d feel them. As you can clearly see, the tag says Touch Me, I'm Super Soft.  Big mistake. I should’ve listened to Mom’s advice. “Don’t touch anything,” she says. “If it’s soft, I buy it.  Whether I need it or not!”

They WERE ultra soft, so I bought a pair for Mom, Sissy, and me.  I put two pair away and went down the hallway to go to bed. I had the socks with me and stopped to check on John Sam. Since he wasn’t asleep, I tucked him in again and then I tucked myself in.

The next day after school, I heard them laughing and I saw John Sam come sliding out of the hallway . . . in my brand new soft socks. My soft socks that were green and white the night before, but are now green and gray and loaded with Tokyo fur. He slid all over the living room, kitchen, and back into the living room.

“Why are you wearing my new socks?” I asked.

“You left them on my hamper, Mom. I thought they were mine . . . ” as he slides back down the hall.

I'm pretty sure he enjoyed them more than I would have.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment