Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Comedy Central Tuesday

I laughed a lot today.  :)

On my morning radio station, Mix 105.1, every weekday they have a version of the old game show $25,000 Pyramid.  The DJ gives clues about a certain category, and the caller has to name the category using a specific word.  One of the rules is that one clue must begin with "I am . . . " and the correct answer format has to be "What so and so would say."

So today Dana was the DJ and the first category was herbs.  She said basil and oregano, and the caller said spices, but she kept giving clues since the word was herbs.  Dana said oregano again, and the caller goes, "Things that look like marijuana?"  Total silence except for the producer falling out laughing but trying not to, and the snappy background music.  They pulled it together since the game clock was still ticking and went on to the next category, which was I am a dictator.  Dana gave a great description of it.  "I make all the rules and I don't want or care about your opinion, and you're going to do what I say no matter what."  And the caller goes, "What Nancy Pelosi would say?" 

I don't remember the rest of the game because I was laughing so hard.  That caller needs a weekly guest spot for sure.  He only won $10 in the game, but he's definitely going to be on the "Best of Mix 2010" when it comes out.

The last thing I read on the way to work was a bumpersticker on a big septic tank truck that said Driver carries no cash, he is married.

Like I said, Comedy Central Tuesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment