Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sharon

One of my oldest, that is, most long-standing friends. Here we are "back in the day" (circa 1979)



Dearest Spot, I wish you a wonderful birthday. I found this quote that seemed particularly insightful:

"She is a friend of mind. She gather me, man. The pieces I am, she gather them and give them back to me in all the right order. It's good, you know, when you got a woman who is a friend of your mind. ~Toni Morrison, Beloved

Nothing she's heard me say or watched me do (dumb or smart) has ever breached her faith in our friendship. It's one of the few things in my life I've been able to count on despite my not totally deserving it. No matter how much time has passed or how many miles stretch between us, whenever we get a chance to talk, we pick up right where we left off. It has been a privilege to share my history with such a special person.

Happy Birthday "Spot"! You deserve nothing but the best. Love always from "Marge"

1 comment:

  1. OMG!~! Check out the hair... :0) Can not believe how long Sharon has been in your life. It is amazing to have such a wonderful "FRIEND"...... "Happy Birthday" Sharon Love, Laurajean

    ReplyDelete