Thursday, March 27, 2008

Little Garden Helper




I was trying to be very artsy-fartsy and take some photos of my rosebushes. They all turned out blurry, so I need some more pratice with the macro feature on my camera. While I was in between pictures, though, I noticed this tiny ladybug on the underside of one of the leaves. I waited a minute or so, and she came out from underneath so I could take her picture.


I watched for a while, as she went all around eating those tiny white bugs that ruin the beautiful, velvety petals of my red roses. She is my tiny little helper, I thought. And I almost didn't even see her!


I wonder how many times I've been helped that I didn't know who to thank, or even notice that I'd been helped at all. Seeing the ladybug made me focus for a few minutes on all the blessings I've received and be mindful of the gratefulness that is due.

2 comments:

  1. Anon testing 1-2-3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Frannie G. (been a long time for that one, eh?)
    Thanks for all of your support and interest in my little Italian blog. And welcome to blog land!
    Hi to your family for me. Kisses (baci) from bella Italia!

    ReplyDelete